Monday, August 10, 2009

August 10-2009 Not just Mo-Tab anymore

Everything is going great. We're ready for the baptism on Saturday, it'll be Alla, Vladik, and this guy, Michael, from Africa. We hope there will be an english speaking branch in Harkov by the end of our missions for all the Africans that get baptized here, they're the coolest people. Alla is amazing though and reads so much, and because of that she asks really good questions. She's already read Gospel Essentials, the Book of Mormon and D&C, and like every Liahona and other thing we've given her. She's amazing. Saturday is going to be a special day.

This last Saturday we had a branch picnic and we went to this town Sokalova, that is about an hour outside of Harkov. We went to this cool museum that would've been really cool if everything wasn't in Ukranian and I could understand something, but it was still a nice museum. And then we had our picnic next to a big sunflower field, and the weather was perfect so it was really nice.

We're trying to meet with some really cool people that we've talked to, I hope we can meet with them this week. There is this one 18 year old kid and his mom that came to English and were interested in talking about the gospel afterwards. They came up to me to ask about it so we taught them and gave them a book. They seem great and he said he wanted to meet after English this week. We couldn't meet with Urie this week but we have a lesson with them tomorrow so that should be really good.

Last week, the wall fell off only Mo-tab!!! I haven't listened to anything but Mo-tab for the last 5 months! See if you can figure out a way to e-mail music to me. Anyways, I love Alekseevks. President promised me I'm staying, but it doesn't always work out. I think I'm staying here with Whitehead one more though. I want to stay for 3 though, even 4. I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment