Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 6 - Leaving Lugansk

I'm getting kicked out of Lugansk for a gay greenie. Yep, Thompson's training, so I already hate his greenie for kicking me out of this great area with all the work we having going on. As far as the ones that have committed to baptism, Tattuyana is working to quit drinking tea and coffee; Kereal just needs some time to make the decision for himself and know that his parents will still love him; Toleg is ready and is awesome. We've taught him the 1st three lessons, he's almost done with the Book of Mormon, and he's just really sincere about what he's doing. He wants to find the truth and live correctly, and he asks great questions, he wants to get baptized and for the right reasons. It's so hard to meet with Katya because she's working so much, I really want to meet with her again. Our lessons were always so great with her. This was a great week. A while ago, our mission was challenged to get 15 quality lessons, a lesson with a prayer basically, but it’s really hard to do and most missionaries never get it. We somehow got 16 this week, it kinda just happened. We had a lot of lessons with investigators, so that was awesome. We met with this guy Anatoleg, who's a smart guy and understands everything really well. We had a good lesson with him. Also we had a Ward Picnic on Saturday, but it rained so a lot less people came and we had to do it in the church. It was still fun though. Sunday was just an awesome day. More people came to church than I've ever seen, over 50 people! It was such a great testimony meeting too. It's probably my favorite church service since I've been in Ukraine. Then after church, we had 2 lessons with investigators, one lesson with a member family, and then our regular night at the president's home. It's just unusual to be this busy in Ukraine and I so don't want to leave. Me and Thompson serve so well together and the work is going great and it is so gay that I have to leave again. It all makes sense for him to train right now though, so I'm not mad, but I just don't want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment