Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nov 9 - Happy Birthday!

It's been a pretty crazy week. My birthday was a lot of fun, I was on a split and me and Elder Steele both forgot it was my birthday that morning until someone called to wish me a happy birthday. That was funny, and then we had an awesome district meeting (Elder Greener's last one because he's flying home tomorrow), so that was cool. And that night we had a lesson with the coolest member family, and Veeka and Fatema came too. They made a cake with candles and sang and stuff. The cake was like a big, home-made twix/snickers bar. It was way good. Sister Veeta is like our Mom out here, my greenie is going to love him. Oh yeah, my greenie. So the next day Pres Fry called to wish me a happy birthday and said he's going to give me my birthday wish and let me stay in XTZ. Then, he said he wanted me to train here next transfer. His name is Elder Clarkston and he's from Niagra Falls. We don't have any Canadians in the mission, so I guess that'll be cool. I asked President if he likes sports, because I kind of wanted to train an athlete, and so President just read me his profile. He majors in the Bio-medicine stuff, he's a pianist, and he has like 100 scholarships. . . . . so we're like pretty much the same person. Ha, no, it'll be a lot of fun. But my comp has been really sick the last few days and we haven't been able to do anything, it stinks so bad. It's so boring, but he's slowly getting better and better. He managed to make it to church yesterday, but that's all we've done the last couple weeks. I would really like to find just 1 investigator. That's all we're working to do, our goal is just one investigator to strengthen this branch. President didn't want to train here, no one in the mission has ever heard of someone training in this area because it's been so dead for the last several years. It's a good thing I'll have a very undepressed, excited to work greenie. Because it's getting more and more miserably cold each day, it already gets dark at 4, so people get mad when you tract at 6 and say it's too late. Life is great, we are going to have so much fun

No comments:

Post a Comment