Sunday, November 8, 2009

October 19 - More Teaching, Less Tracting

…As for me, everything is just steadily improving. Zone Conference was good but I’m glad we don't have anything else like that this transfer because it took up a lot of time. The branch president's son-in-law finally moved into a new branch, so that’s great for both branches. And this week a few (which is a lot for Ukraine) in-active members came back to church, and they all live in our area. So we have member lessons this week! YEA for less contacting and tracting. :) But I am really getting excited to work this area. I'm going to ask President if I can stay, which means I might train here and be here for a long time. No one wants to be in XTZ for a long time. But I don't know, I just really want to turn this area around. It's been completely dead for several years now and, I don't know, I can't really describe it. Maybe it's partly because I know we can, also because I'm afraid that they might not get the greatest elders in here once I leave. They tend to sometimes do a little damage control by sticking not the best elders in a place together, for example, in XTZ. And it's true that the work is really slow here, we're working really hard and only seeing a little progress each week, but we'll get there. I know we will. So I'm going to ask President to stay, but if I have to train next transfer, I might leave. They never train people here because they don't like missionaries to get depressed their first transfer. Ha ha, it's funny because it's true. This is a good branch though, they just need a lot of help and I feel like we can give that to them. Or at least be a part of it. And I figure that XTZ can't ALWAYS be completely dead, it has to start getting better sometime, might as well be now. I just hope my crappy piano playing doesn't scare away any investigators. People on a volleyball court in front of 100's of people and I would love it and play as best as I could. But put me on a piano in front of 25 Ukranians and I get so nervous, I don't even know why. Elder Moon and I are still having a blast and working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment