Thursday, April 30, 2009

April 20, 2009

This last week as I was drifting around with different missionaries, I’m realizing how awesome Elder Sutherland was. He was probably one of the best missionaries in the mission. My new comp is Elder Erisman from North Carolina. I was supposed to have this other comp but they switched them the last second because transfer secrets were getting out. I played sports for the first time Saturday night! I was so happy. We played indoor soccer with all these Ukrainians. I haven't played soccer in 10 years but it was still way fun. I had the luckiest/best shot of my life. I was on a fast break and lobbed the ball barely enough over the goalie and into the goal. All the Ukrainians were like "What?!" and the other missionaries were like "What?!" and I was like "What?!" Ha, it was fun though.
Some crazy stuff happened this week. On Monday, I was on a split with this member who got back from his mission in Chicago to go teach Pavel, and we saw Vova on the way back. Vova had been baptized that Saturday, and confirmed that Sunday. This was the next day, and he was drinking a beer!?! It was so awkward, and he just didn't understand how big of a deal it was. We made him throw it away and we're working with him. But then on Sunday, we had the District Presidency visiting our Sacrament meeting, which is a fairly big deal here. But in the middle of the sacrament prayer, we heard this yelling groan and a person collapse. That same Vova had a seizure and almost died. His face was dark purple by the time they pried his mouth open and got him breathing again. It was way scary and it took a while to get everything settled down again.
Oh, and from now on I’m the fetchin ward pianist?! Mom, WHY did you make me stop taking piano lessons?!! I told you that I would regret it one day and that I wanted to keep playing but NO! You HAD to make me stop. Thanks a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment