Thursday, April 30, 2009

March 4, 2009

I'm in Ukraine! It still feels surreal, I can't believe I'm finally here. I've never been more excited for anything in my life. I'm just pulling a 48 hour day with a few naps on the planes throughout the day so I can get on their schedule. I'm a little groggy, but I feel really good for the most part. One of the Armenian sisters got really sick on the plane, so I gave my first Russian blessing. Yea, I pretty much read the notes we took on it, but it was cool. Bro Anderson, if you get this, it's a good thing you gave us those examples when we were taking notes, because that was pretty much the blessing. And, the German stewardess lady kept yelling at us that we couldn't clog the exit in the back, so it was a little weird and difficult to give the blessing. Right then it seemed like one of those bad missionary movies. But we had this awesome Couple missionary there and he kept shooing her away. When we landed in Donetsk, we met President Fry and his wife, they're awesome, and the assistants. But yea, Donetsk has it's own. . . scent. It does. There is this odor that I'm going to love getting used to. The older missionaries were joking around, telling us to soak in that fresh Donetsk air. We meet our companions tomorrow, I can't wait for that, I hope he’s a good one. I'm sure he will be. We are in the office with the office missionaries, and we're eating dinner with the Fry's in a little bit. This really is the coolest thing in the world, it's still hard to believe I’m finally here.

No comments:

Post a Comment