Thursday, April 30, 2009

March 29, 2009

My address, I don't know how it would be in English, but something like Nestereva 125, apartment 21 or 27, I can't remember. It looks just like every other apartment building though. The weather has been crazy. Just when the sun starts to dry everything up, it snows/sleets/rains for 2 days and makes everything muddy again. Then it'll be really foggy and cloud one minute, then sunny the next, and rainy or snowy after that.
My favorite pants, the gray ones, already ripped by the pocket. So this morning, I performed my first ghetto, missionary sewing job and found out that I greatly dislike sewing! But this week has been great, and it went by so fast. My hopes for Pavel just keep going up. I want to say that he's one of the elite, but I'm afraid that when I do, he'll drop us and break our hearts. We had another great lesson with him, and he read all the Joseph Smith pamphlet like we asked him to. He listens intently, and asks good, sincere questions about what he reads and what we teach him. The problem is his mother-in-law. She's this old, hard-core Provaslavnian grandma and she hates us. He doesn't care though, because he's awesome, but I think she is the only reason his wife isn't listening to us also. He just has such a great spirit and I love teaching him. Provoslavnian is the Roman/Ukranian Catholic church that everyone belongs to here. We've gone into a few churches, they're interesting. You buy candles and light them for your sins, and when you confess to the priest, he tells you how many candles you need to buy.
We have this other investigator, Svetlana, who I want to drop so fast. She's not interested in the gospel at all. I think she just wants friends. She's the one whose arm doesn't work because the doctor made a mistake on her spine surgery. She is about 40, very, very not attractive, lives with her mom, and is the perfect lady for Elder Sutherland. Ha, I haven't stopped making fun of him for it, because she has a huge crush on him. She kept getting closer and closer to him on the couch. I was on his other side. Then she like kinda tried to put her arm around him, it was weird. She would stare at his lips when he read scriptures and just smile at him, it felt so uncomfortable. . . . for him. I thought it was hilarious! Then, she asked him to dance for her. But not just to dance, to dance REALLY FAST for him. I'm still laughing just telling you about it, it was so funny. So yea, we got out of there fast. But we have a lesson set up tonight with the couple we tracted into late at night, so hopefully that goes well. And we finally have our first lesson with Nikolai on Wednesday, so that should be great. We have a few more promising contacts, one lady especially, that we're excited to meet with. But that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment