Monday, September 21, 2009

August 31 - New area

That's awesome that Jared and all of you read the Book of Mormon that fast, malodyets. It's like great job. Oh, and I guess no one thought that it was important to inform me that Kevin proposed to his girlfriend, I have to find out through a letter Grandma Hyer MAILED to me. Make sure you tell her thanks for her great letters, I'll probably send her an e-mail today. I love how she writes Kevin Lawrence every time when she's talking about him, so to clearly distinguish and make sure I didn't think that UNCLE Kevin proposed to a girl named Jessica. Thanks for that. And it was cool to find out that Kevin and Katherine went to Argentina to pick up Robert.

Anyways, this won't be a very long letter, because I don't have much to report on. So far, I’m working on making this transfer a good experience. I am starting to fall in love with the branch, just starting to, and even my area and apartment. One of my first nights here, I was saying my night time prayer and had a huge, much-needed realization of how lucky I was to even be out here, to even be a missionary, no matter where it is and how bad the circumstances are. And also how stupid, petty, and selfish it was that I was complaining and feeling sorry for myself. That really helped me out a lot, and my whole attitude and perspective has been much better since then. And we do have 1 solid, fully-active member family in our branch, which is awesome because I didn't think we had any. They're an awesome family. I like them a lot. And this transfer has been great for my Russian, because I study during the down time we have and I'm learning words like crazy. So I guess that's cool too

No comments:

Post a Comment