Monday, September 21, 2009

Sep 7 - 100% obedience

Wow, this was probably the best, or at least one of the best, e-mail days of my mission. I actrually got letters from several people and an update on the sports world. That's like perfect.

Things are looking better here. We had a good work day yesterday, and I'm excited for the week. Yesterday, all the missionaries walked home with some members and an investigator, which is cool because we all live somewhere along the path between our apartment and the church, but it takes us way longer than anyone to walk home. But once we got into our area, since it was only me and my comp by then, I decided that I was going to contact the rest of the way home. The first lady I talked to was amazing. She was so receptive and already knew the Bible well. She had great personal beliefs about how we live on after death and certain things that she disagreed with her church on (Ukranian Orthodox). She gladly took my Book of Mormon and was excited to read it. She is such a believing person, I really think she'll get an answer the first time she prays, because she seemed really sincere about it. She lives in a small village outside of Harkov though, so that'll make things difficult, but we'll call her and see if we can't meet somewhere. After that, my comp was so happy and we just talked on the way home.

This week is our 100% obedience that we agreed on. So last night we started to call investigators, and people we've been trying to meet up with. We had a really good planning session about what we want to do and who we want to meet with, so it should be really good. We have a lesson with Gareek again on Tuesday, so I hope he's read what we asked him to. We also have Zone conference this week. President Wolfgang from the Area Presidency is here and it's a pretty big deal. So yea, that's about it for now. I'm really grateful and happy that things are starting to look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment