Monday, April 26, 2010

2-22-10 Prayer works

This week has been great. At the start of the week, we had a few minutes in between lessons so we did a little tracting. We talked to this one nice family, but mostly the wife, Tanya. The day before was her husband's birthday so he was still pretty drunk. She is nice though and was interested to meet again. We were supposed to meet with her later in the week but it didn't work, so we'll definitely meet this week. We had another cool exprience in between lessons a different day too. We walking to lessons and I wasn't in the mood to contact, but I realized we had time to do a little contacting on the way to our next lesson. So I said a small prayer to get the desire to contact and for some help, then after 3 people rejected us, this guy stopped us and asked us where we meet. He wanted to take a book and willingly gave us his info. He wanted to come to church and meet with us sometime. I don't think that has ever happened to me on my mission, when someone stops us and wants to talk to us. So that was a good lesson for me to learn from, how just small things like that can bring instant and potentially large results. His name is Oleg and he is a Harty Christian?? or Hardy Krishtka? or something like that? I only know how to say in Russian but I think it's a cognate. He didn't come to church but hopefully we'll meet with him soon. It was weird, yesterday was the first time I haven't gone to church in a really long time. My comp has been sick the last few days, so I have had plenty of time to study. Thankfully, Saturday we did a split so I wasn't stuck inside for too long. He's an awesome kid and we're working hard together. I'm also learning to be more sensitive and lovey-feeley, which is probably good for me because that isn't one of my strong points. Alekssevka is so amazing though, I hope I'm here for a very long time. I have a great relationship with a lot of members here so that's helping us meet with a lot that they kind of stopped meeting with, or had a hard time meeting with earlier. And Alekseevka always has the most success in Harkov because the branch and the leadership is just awesome. Anya's baptism on Saturday was great and I loved seeing everyone in XTZ again. I think that is about it for now. (oh yeah, the funniest thing about Bulgaria is that they shake their head No when they say yes, and vice versa. It was so funny, it messed with us so bad because it seemed like everyone was being sarcastic as they shook their head one way and said the other).

No comments:

Post a Comment