Sunday, April 25, 2010

2-8-10 Going to Bulgaria!!??

We got a surprise phone call from Elder Hyer about 5:30 one morning. He told us that he was there with his Mission President and had gotten permission to call and get some information for his Visa. He was on his way to Bulgaria to get his visa renewed! What a fun surprise. It was about a two minute call but still it was so wonderful to hear his voice and feel his missionary spirit. Here is his quick letter from that day:

I have no time
-back in the same area, same apartment, and lovin it. The members are stoked too
-Today was the worst P-day ever, on a smelly, Ukranian bus for 7 hours coming down to Donetsk. And I forgot something important so that was bad.
-We fly out to Bulgaria tomorrow morning, early
-UNLV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Today has been really long and tiring, so I'm done. I bet you liked that phone call today though, huh?
-Elder Bryce is young, in his 2nd transfer, but he's awesome and it will be fun. There are a lot of weird things going on because our mission is so young, but I don't care because I'm so happy to be in Alekseevka again.
-Tell Chasen and Tomo I'll write them next week when I have time
-Missionaries say the Bulgaria trip is the greatest thing ever, and we get to see all our old MTC friends from the other mission. We can't wait, we're so excited
Love you guys,
-Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment