Monday, April 26, 2010

3-29-10 Humble Pie

This week was awesome. We've picked up some new investigators, and had 3 investigators come to a baptism that was in center on Saturday. They are all great today, Urie, Artyome, and Artyome's sister, (who is a new investigator and seems even more ready than Artyome. I honestly think she might be the one to bring him into the church and not the other way around) Oxanna. They all loved it, but Artyome was the only one who came to church the next day. The bad news is that we are passing all of them to other missionaries because they live in other areas. But it's cool because Artyome and his sister live in XTZ. We had a good lesson with Tatyana and the Reeds, she's having a really hard time right now and is way over-stressed about her work. But we are starting to teach Alla's daughter- We baptized Alla abd Vladik when I served here last time, and we're really excited about that. We also found some new, cool, in-actives that we're going to work with and get back to church. And last night we almost got in the first fight of my mission. It was a big, drunk, Russian guy and he slapped my comp in the face so hard! Ha, it's funny thinking about it now. He tried to hit me, and it was hard to move faster than him. It was cool. So also, my comp had diarrhea like all week, and one day during studies he was in the bathroom and was laughing about it. I was probably being prideful aout how everyone gets it except for me, I've only had it once my whole mission. Thinking my stomach is just such a steel trap and all that, after all the crazy foods I have downed. Then, it started to happen. I was like, "Ok Heavenly Father, I realize Your trying to humble me, and thank you, but now I'm humble and You can stop." Then it happened again, and I was like, "Ok, Heavenly Father, I know I wasn't really last time, but now I am, and You really can stop now." It didn't. For 2 days. Yea, that sucked. I know you don't like that word , but there is no other way to describe it. I never want that to happen ever again. But yea we're still working with a lot of new people and the work is going great, so we'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment