Monday, April 26, 2010

3-1-10 Teaching two Olegs

3-1-10

Hey Family,

I have loved serving with Elder Bryce, he's been such a great example and help to me; and we had a lot of fun together, working really hard, and having great success. But now I'm in a threesome with missionaries in our branch, Elder Valverde and Elder Belyue, who are really cool too. Me and Elder Valverde are really good friends, because I teach him a lot of things and help him a lot since I have 1 semester of a high class BYU education but he's only finishing his doctorate up from this crappy college I have never heard of in Connecticut. (I think it's like Yell, or Yaleys or something???) Anyways, we are going to have fun and work hard. This week has been great though, we have had tons of success. We finally had a lesson with Tatyana and her whole family (it was the lesson that the Reeds wrote you about), and it was awesome. We gave them a 1st lesson and watched the Restoration with them. Everyone felt the Spirit very strongly and the father even commented on how they feel when they are with us. It was so great and we're really excited to meet with them again. We also had a really good 1st lesson with Older Oleg, the Hardy Krishna guy, and with this other Oleg- a young 19 yr old kid from English class who is going to work at a Sonic in Louisiana in a few months. We had 1st lessons with both of them and they were both really interested in the Book of Mormon. I know that older Oleg will read it, but younger Oleg is praying and counseling with his parents about it because he has a good relationship with them, which is great but rare here. And older Oleg was supposed to come to church on Sunday but he didn't show. We're excited to meet with them again though, and we have a lot to do since we are covering 2 areas now. Thanks for all your prayers. Wednesday will be exactly 1 year from the day that we flew into Ukraine. Your year in country mark is kind of a bigger deal than you overall year mark, but who cares, we're too busy to celebrate (which is a good thing). We'll just make a nice dinner and cookies or something. I love you guys, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be out here serving the Lord and serving these amazing people in Ukraine. Thanks for everything you did to help get me to this point. Take care, and tell everyone I say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment