Monday, February 1, 2010

1-11 - "Just because you're at a Baptism doesn't mean you're not in Ukraine!"

I ate this stuff called Holodets, it's pig Jelly. It's like pig jello and it's the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. I stuffed it all into a napkin and put it in my pocket when she left the room. I was gagging as I tried to eat it.

This week was pretty awesome. Of course the baptism was amazing, there is always just a different Spirit at baptisms, but it's even that much stronger when the person is ready. I could feel that she really knew and understood was she was doing, she's going to be a great member. Once I was dressed in my whites, sitting in the room enjoying the Spirit that was there, this guy who was visiting went into the bathroom and stole 100 grieven out of my wallet. Because my clothes were in the back room that you change in, in between the bathroom and the baptismal font. I asked him about it but he just denied it. It's whatever though, it's only like $13 or something, so he probably needs it more than I do. I never thought the only time I would get robbed wouold be while I was baptizing someone, but these member youth told me, "Hello! Elder Hyer, just because you're at a baptism in a church

We also had a really fun Christmas Youth night, where we brought all our American candy, and even made kool-aid and root beer floats. The root beer didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but they wolfed (?) down Mom's chocolate chip cookies like there was no tomorrow. We had a small spiritual thought, watched Joy to the World, then ate and played games (BUNCO). Everyone loved it, especially these non-member kids, so that was most important. We are finding more in-actives to meet with, so hopefully we'll have time to meet with them all this week, because it's going to be a really busy week with interviews, zone conference, and stuff. But that's about it for now. They just outlawed all types of playing cards in our mission, So we going to check out the museums and stuff today, so that should be fun. Thanks for everything, have an amazing week at the beach. Love you and talk to you later
-Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment