Monday, February 1, 2010

12-7 - In a threesome, getting cold

Anyways, we got our first real snowfall of the year all day yesterday and last night. You remember a few weeks ago when I told you it was getting miserably cold. Well yea, it got freezing for a little bit, then a warm front came in and it was so nice for the last 2 weeks. Thanksgiving Day was the most perfect, beautiful day you could ever imagine, hadn't seen a day that nice in forever. Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to tell you guys how grateful I am for you, it's just weird out here because you don't really do anything for the holidays on your mission, it's like a normal work day with a good dinner usually, so you don't tend to think much about it. Whatever, it looked really pretty last night, like someone sprayed all of Ukraine with a frost gun, if that makes sense. But I wasn't excited to see snow, it's only getting colder and colder every second from here on out. It's cool though because everythiing is covered in ice, so we don't walk any more, only ski and slide. This was a good week, the 3-some is interesting. I told you that my MTC comp, Elder Tillotson, is training in XTZ with me, didn't I? Well that's alot of fun, except for one thing, the kid he's traing isn't a kid at all. He's from Russia and he's turning 28 next week, and he just got baptized 2 years ago. He's a really good guy. We're staying really busy though, with lots of lessons. I'm trying to think of ways that would help make church better. Because some people are in-active because they simply just don't enjoy it. And I it's not difficult to understand why. Our Branch President tends to rant on forever in Sacrament meeting, sunday school, and priesthood, and he gets side-tracked very easily. I think a change in that position would help, but all the good, worthy priesthood holders have been it once or twice already, including himself. So any ideas of how to help would be good to hear. I was even thinking of having a missionary speak each Sunday, but I don't know if that would improve it alot or not. One good thing about being in the other elders area is that I have the best relationship with their investigators, because I've been here for a while and everyone else is new here. So working with them is awesome, they are great. They are 2 girls, Anya and Jhenya, who are both in their mid-20's. Anya already knows so much and has great questions. She's getting married in a monthe to get baptized. Jhenya doesn't have as strong of a testimony as Anya does yet, but she's progressing and doing great. We also found this cool young guy who's searching for the truth, and had a good lesson with him walking around the church and talking about the pictures on the wall. We can't meet with Sasha still because his son is really sick so one of the parents has to be with them at all times, and he's working so he said he gets no sleep. He is still happy to talk on the phone and is still realLy interested and wants to read the Book of Mormon as soon as he has time. I like him, it's so hard to find just normal, sincere people that are interested, and heaven knows that we already have too many not normal members here. Zone Conference was good, we talked about commitments and it reminded us about a lot of things we tend to get casual about and forget. I liked it. Oh well, we're going to go play football in the smow. Love you guys, take care, keep cheering hard for UNLV for me (can't wait to see the highlights of the last couple games- hint, hint, wink, wink) Ha, just kidding, but seriously- you know what I want :)
Love you,
-Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment