Monday, February 1, 2010

11-30 Craziest week ever

Anyways, this has by far been the craziest week of my mission, maybe the craziest week of my life, who knows? So it started on Monday night after our FHE with Sister Loodmila, and the 2 cool girls in our branch- Veeka and Fatema. For some reason, as we were leaving, Loodmila decided to come down with us in the elevator, which she has never done before. It's actually a good thing she did. Because we got stuck for the next 1 1/2 hours, and if she wasn't there, it would've just been us with 2 18-year old girls for an hour and a half. It was awful, but hilarious at the same time. We were just laughing and joking around about it most of the time. And we even gave a 2nd spiritual thought in the elevator, ha. The next huge event of the week happened on Wednesday. We were on splits with the zone leaders and Elder Clarkstone got bit by a dog. It was a bad bite at all, but it drew blood so he had to get rabie shots. For some reason, they flew him straight to Germany to get them. I wanted to go with him, that would've been so cool, but he just went alone and he'll probably be there for about 2 weeks. It was so crazy, it just happened so fast, he hardly had time to grave a few things from the apartment. So I've been living in a 3-some with the other elders, which stinks because I can't work our area. Alla and Vladeek, the 2 people from Alekseevka that we baptized, still call me every now and then and always want me to come by and visit, so I thought this was the perfect chance to visit them. It was awesome seeing them again, I loved it. But I forgot to tell the Zone Leaders that I was leaving our area, and I was just going to stay with the elders I was with that night, but they forgot their keys back at XTZ, which is at the complete opposite end of the city and it takes forever to get there. So while we're doing this, President starts calling people trying to find me to give me a report about Elder Clarkstone. The other XTZ elders who I've been with just said he was on a short split for the evening, which isn't a big deal, but I forgot to call the zone leaders about it to tell them I was leaving our area. So they also didn't know where I was when President called them. Ha ha, that was a terrible experience. I had to call President at like 11 last night when we finally made it back to the apartment, but he was cool about everything. So this week we have zone conference, so we'll probably all get a friendly reminder about calling zone leaders when you leave your area. Ha, life is so great. I'm glad to have this week behind us, this week is going to be awesome because we have so many lessons set up for the whole branch. But I have to play piano again while my comp is gone, which is bad for everyone. Our branch had a really cool thanksgiving party though, so that was alot of fun. Ukranians might not come to church every week, but they always turn out for free food.

No comments:

Post a Comment