Monday, February 1, 2010

1-18 - Breaking records

It's finally starting to get as cold as it is supposed to be, the coldest day is supposed to be almost -30 (which isn't that bad for the coldest day) and they have this tradition called the Baptism or something. On the coldest day they go to the frozen lakes and rivers, cut a hole in the ice, bless the water so they won't get sick, and then they all jump in. It sounds crazy, so we want to go see it. We'll send some video home if we get the chance.

This week was really good and really busy. We had interviews and Zone Conference, and some other meetings, so that took up a lot of time and we packed our lessons into our free days. Somehow, we managed to break our record for the lessons in a week for this area. The goal is 20 a week, and if we do it 2 weeks in a row then President takes us out to dinner. So we're going to be the first to get it these next 2 weeks, it's going to be awesome. We’re working hard and gradually finding more people to meet with, most of which are in-actives. We also have our 1st progressing investigator in the 5 months that I have been in XTZ. I think we told her about you last week, Masha, and she's a cool young girl who wants to change her life around. She is definitely a process, but when I say that my greenie tells me I have no faith. Ha, I love it, it's funny. Greenies are the greatest. She's cool though, she lived in America and got married in Vegas, but she had problems so she came back here. We are going to try and meet with her often and help her out. Other than that, we are still working a lot with in-actives and trying to strengthen our branch. We're pushing really hard right now to get unity in our branch, and to have the members support each other and support our leaders. We still have a lot of internal problems, but hopefully we can help change that. I want more than anything for this branch to grow and for these problems to go away. It looks like I only have a few weeks left here though, so we got to make the most of them. We just repaired our relationship with 1 in-active lady that got offended because I told her we wouldn't stay at her house for 2 hours and get back home at 10 like other missionaries did, so I guess that's good.

Zone Conference was good, talked about teaching by the Spirit and always having the Spirit with us, so you can never go wrong with that. Here are my quotes from conference, which you've probably already heard before, but it's still good to hear it again.
1. Our teaching should inspire people to action
2. If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail
3. I got my testimony more on on my feet than on my knees

Have a great week, life is great here. Love you and talk to you next week,

No comments:

Post a Comment